If you have been informed that another student or colleague has made a complaint about your behaviour you are also entitled to support from the University. 

If you are a student who has been accused of harassment or discrimination and need support, you can contact our counselling team to arrange an initial assessment. You can find further information about our counselling service here. You can also call us on 0191 208 3333. You may wish to talk to your personal tutor or your supervisor about what is happening, especially if it is affecting your academic performance. Your personal tutor contact details can be found on the Newcastle University Student App. 

You should also refer to the Student Discipline Procedure (responder). As part of this procedure, you will be given the opportunity to respond to the complaint. You are also entitled to have a supporter. Your supporter’s role is to support you through the process, and they cannot talk on your behalf. You can find guidance on the role of a friend or support here

Colleagues needing support can access our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)

We know it can be stressful to be accused of harassment or discrimination, and we have a strong commitment to support both the reporting and the responding party. 


There are two ways you can tell us what happened